This is a walk for a fine day. Bring your walking boots, water and a snack.
Graiguenamanagh is a smashing little town which is well worth exploring, Duiske Abbey, Cushendale Woollen Mills, Duiske Glass, and plenty of great pubs. Take a stroll along the quays and see the great variety of barges and cruisers. A good spot to chill!
1. Park your car on the Quay or at the boat club in Graiguenamanagh and walk up through the town, past Duiske Abbey to the roundabout at the top of the town. (10 mins)
2. At the roundabout take a left towards New Ross and then the next right turn for the village of Inistioge. Take the next left up a small country lane which will lead you up to the forest road. The walk is signposted from here. (10 mins)
3. You will pass through farm land as you start to climb, with Brandon Hill straight ahead, until you pass through the barrier at the forest entrance. (20 mins)
4. The next stage winds up through the forest and has some fantastic views back over the countryside. Follow the markers and they will bring you to a gate at the end of a lane.
5. Now through the gate is a hill path to the top
of Brandon Hill. It is a bit rough and a slow climb, but well worth it for the stunning views over Carlow and Kilkenny, and of course in the distance, St. Mullins- The Jewel of The Barrow.
You can continue on to Inistioge, but that is for another day. A more ambitious walk!